- You must pre-register for this event – Please Use On Line Registration – CLICK HERE
- You can receive a paper registration form by calling Bill or Kathleen Root at 352-324-6010.
- You must provide a photo of your boat. If you registered the same boat last year, we can use last year’s photo.
- We encourage payment using Pay-Pal, but accept US Checks. Sorry, we can no longer accept out of country checks!
- On Site Lodging – Key West Resort On Lake Dora – 352-508-5344 – Reservations are required.
- Short distance from show – Mission Inn Resort & Club – 352-234-3101
- Limited dry parking is available at the show site at a cost of $100 for the entire weekend. No Generators After 9:30PM.
- We have made arrangements for show participants to park at the Fisherman’s Cove RV Resort, located about three miles south of the show site. This is a class “A” park with full facilities. You will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the show site. Taxi service is available, and Uber also covers the area.
- Other lodging – Tavares Chamber Listing at www.tavareschamber.com or Mount Dora lodging at www.mountdora.com
Arriving at the Show!
- The show site address is 123 South Joanna Ave, Tavares Florida 32778. GPS coordinates are 28.48.043N—–81.43.655W
- We encourage you to arrive on Thursday. There will be no access to register after Friday at 5:00pm.
- We advertise and sell tickets for our show based on three days; all day Friday, Saturday and until noon on Sunday. We will not let anyone depart prior to noon on Sunday!
- Boat Festival participants can park for free at the City of Tavares Parking garages, located 2 blocks from the show site. There will be a shuttle service available from the garage to the show on Saturday.
- “Land Display” When you arrive at the show site, you will be met by our registration committee and routed to our Marshalling Area. From there, we will move your boat to your assigned spot with one of our tractors. You will be required to remain in that spot until the show ends on Sunday.
- “Water Display” If you are assigned to the Temporary floating docks you have several launch options. You can use any of the ramps in proximity to the show and launch and recover on your own. Manage your launch and recovery and store your trailer off site. If you choose to use the new ramp at the show site, we will have a Launch crew on site to help you. We will have limited trailer parking and tow vehicles will need to be disconnected and vehicles parked in the public parking garage. We no longer can provide “Tractor Valet” service at the launch ramp.
- “Boats To Sell” If you are bringing a BOAT TO SELL, we will move your boat to the Field of Dreams lot with a tractor.
Pre-Show and On-Site Show Events
- The Famous St John’s River Southbound Cruise leaves Palatka March 15th, arriving in Tavares for the boat festival March 19th. This Epic cruise has been running for 31 years and is definitely a “bucket list” event. For more information about the cruises Click Here. For a registration form for the Southbound Cruise Click Here.
- The Equally Famous St John’s Northbound Cruise leaves Tavares the day after the boat festival, March 22nd, ending in Palatka,March 27th. For more information about this cruise Click Here. For a registration form for the Northbound Cruise Click Here.
- Thursday March 19th – City of Tavares Reception – The City of Tavares will host a reception at the new pavilion on the water at the show site Thursday 6PM. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Friday March 20th – Sunnyland ACBS Picnic – Usually everyone travels by boat to the picnic and enjoys a ride through the famous Dora Canal, however, with the show being a Land Display, most everyone will travel by car. More information will be provided at the show for this event. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Friday March 20th – Sunnyland Captain’s Party – On Friday night, under the show site’s “Big Tent”, old and new friends come together to meet and enjoy a night with our country western band. Everyone is encouraged to dress in western attire. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Saturday March 21st – Sunnyland Educational Symposium – Held Saturday at the Tavares City Hall Auditorium. Free to all. For more information on Symposium Topics click on the “Additional Events” tab.
- Saturday March 21st – Ladies Style Show – A special event for the Ladies is the Style Show and Luncheon to be held at the Tavares Civic Center, 100 East Caroline Street.. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Saturday March 21st – Festival Banquet – At 6PM Saturday night, meet up with friends under the “Big Tent” for dinner catered by Carrabas Restaurant. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Sunday March 22nd – Awards Presentation – As the Sunnyland Boat Festival is not a judged show, awards are given by our corporate sponsors and friends. Awards are announced and presented on Sunday morning at 10:00AM under the “Big Tent”.
- Sunday Church Services – Church services will follow the awards ceremony in the same location under the “Big Tent” at 11AM. All denominations welcome!