- You must pre-register for this event – 2017 On Line Registration Is Now Open!
- You can receive a paper registration form by calling Bill or Kathleen Root at 352-324-6010.
- You must provide a photo of your boat. If you registered the same boat last year, we can use last year’s photo.
- You must provide your ACBS number in order to have a boat in the water or receive member pricing for a Boat for Sale.
- We encourage payment using Pay-Pal, but accept US Checks. Sorry, we can no longer accept out of country checks!
- On Site Lodging – Lakeview Inn – 352-508-5344
- Short distance from show – Mission Inn Resort & Club – 352-234-3900 – Room Blocks are Filling Up! Call Today! Ask for the Sunnyland Boat Show Room Block
- NO RV PARKING AT SHOW SITE
- Due to city construction projects in the park area adjacent to the show site, we are unable to offer on site RV parking this year. We have made arrangements for show participants to park at the Fisherman’s Cove RV Resort, located about three miles south of the show site. This is a class A park with full facilities. You will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the show site. Taxi service is available, and Uber also covers the area.
- Other lodging – Tavares Chamber Listing at www.tavareschamber.com or Mount Dora lodging at www.mountdora.com
Arriving at the Show!
- The show site address is 123 South Joanna Ave, Tavares Florida 32778. GPS coordinates are 28.48.043N—–81.43.655W
- We encourage you to arrive on Thursday. There will be no access to register or put your boat in the water after Friday at 5:00.
- We advertise and sell tickets for our show based on three days; all day Friday, Saturday and until noon on Sunday. If you need to depart prior to Noon on Sunday, you will need to make arrangements to store your own trailer and recover your boat at a launch ramp other than that at the show site.
- Boat Festival participants can park for free at the City of Tavares Parking garages, located 2 blocks from the show site. Typically there is shuttle service available from the garage to the show on Saturday.
Launching Your Boat – Sunnyland’s Valet Service
One of the unique features of the Sunnyland show is our Trailer valet service. When you arrive at our show, we direct you to a marshaling area where we unhook your boat from the tow vehicle, attach it to one of our tractors, launch your boat and store your trailer so you can enjoy your time on the water. When you are ready to depart on Sunday, you simply provide your trailer number to our valet service and we recover your boat and move it to our out-bound location where you attach your tow vehicle and depart the area.
- All in-water registrants are assigned a dock. Please bring adequate fenders and lines.
- When you arrive at our show site, please be ready to launch your boat; Have your cover and tiedowns removed—-battery hooked up—full of fuel—lines installed—fenders ready—test start your engine prior to arriving; We ask for your help in this area because we have so many boats to launch and if you are not prepared when you arrive, it impacts on our process.
- Non-Ethanol fuel is available at the on-site Marina, or you can take advantage of buying Non-Ethanol fuel prior to your arrival at Harris Oil, located at 21901 US Highway 441 Mount Dora, FL 32757 (352)383-0922. Mention Sunnyland for a discount on fuel.
Pre-Show and On-Site Show Events
- The famous St John’s River Southbound Cruise leaves Jacksonville March 19, arriving in Tavares for the boat festival March 23rd. This Epic cruise has been running for 28 years and is definitely a “bucket list” event! Click HERE for more information about the cruises. Click HERE for a printable registration form. Registration forms are also available on the Sunnyland website in the events calendar at www.acbs-sunnyland.org, or in the Sheerline magazine.
- The equally famous St John’s Northbound Cruise leaves Tavares the day after the boat festival, March 27, ending in Jacksonville March 30th. Click HERE for more information about the Cruise. Click HERE for a printable registration form. Registration forms are also available on the Sunnyland website at www.acbs-sunnyland.org, or in the Sheerline magazine.
- Sunnyland ACBS Picnic – Leaving from the Tavares Boat Festival site on Friday, boaters take a scenic cruise through the beautiful Dora Canal to enjoy a BBQ lunch at Hickory point. Sign up on the registration site for this fun event. You can arrive to the event by boat or by car.
- Sunnyland Captain’s Party – On Friday night, under the show site’s “Big Tent”, old friends come together to meet and enjoy light snacks and cocktails to kick off the show. Tickets can be purchased on the Festival Registration site.
- ACBS Educational Symposium – Held Saturday at the Tavares City Hall Auditorium. Free to all. For Symposium Topics/Schedule, please click HERE
- Festival Banquet – Saturday night, meet up with friends for dinner under the big white tent. Tickets are available for purchase on the registration site.
- Awards Presentation – As the Sunnyland Boat Festival is not a judged show, awards are given by our corporate sponsors and friends. Awards are announced and presented on Sunday morning at 9:00 under the big white tent on the show site.
- Sunday Church Services – Bring your boat, or hop a ride with a friend to enjoy church services at a remote cove on beautiful Lake Dora. All denominations welcome!
Leaving the Show!
Our show ends Sunday at noon (weather permitting)
- Unless there is inclement weather, we begin our Tractor Valet service at noon on Sunday.
- Be sure to sign up for your preferred departure time at the Sunnyland Member booth on Saturday.
- Prior to launching your boat for valet departure, check in at the docks with the departure crew to verify that we are running according to schedule and to verify your trailer tag number. We recommend you have someone phone you when we pull your trailer so you can bring your boat to the dock without delay.
- If you need to depart prior to Noon on Sunday, you will need to make arrangements to store your own trailer and recover your boat at a launch ramp other than that at the show site.