- You must pre-register for this event – REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2022 SHOW.
- On Site Lodging – Key West Resort On Lake Dora – 352-508-5344 – Reservations are required.
- Short distance from show – Mission Inn Resort & Club – 352-234-3101
- Other lodging – Tavares Chamber Listing at www.tavareschamber.com or Mount Dora lodging at www.mountdora.com
- We no longer have on-site access for RV’s.
- We have made arrangements for show participants to park at the Fisherman’s Cove RV Resort, located about three miles south of the show site. This is a class “A” park with full facilities. You will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the show site. Taxi service is available, and Uber also covers the area. Phone number for reservations is 352-792-0362.
Arriving at the Show!
- The show site address is 123 South Joanna Ave, Tavares Florida 32778. GPS coordinates are 28.48.043N—–81.43.655W
- We encourage you to arrive on Thursday. There will be no access to register after Friday at 5:00pm.
- We advertise and sell tickets for our show based on three days; all day Friday, Saturday and until noon on Sunday. We will not let anyone depart prior to noon on Sunday!
- Boat Festival participants can park for free at the City of Tavares Parking garages, located 2 blocks from the show site. There will be a shuttle service available from the garage to the show on Saturday.
- “Land Display” When you arrive at the show site, you will be met by our registration committee and routed to our Marshalling Area. From there, we will move your boat to your assigned spot with one of our tractors. You will be required to remain in that spot until the show ends on Sunday.
- “Water Display” Our new launch ramp is ready for use and we will have a launch crew on site to assist you in launching and recovery. You also have an option of using any of the ramps in proximity to the show and launch and recovery on your own. You can manage your launch and recovery and store your trailer off site. If you arrive by boat, pull to the launch ramp and someone will assign you to your dock site.
- “Boats To Sell” If you are bringing a BOAT TO SELL, we will have someone on site to direct you.
Pre-Show and On-Site Show Events
- The Famous St John’s River Southbound Cruise leaves Palatka March 20th, arriving in Tavares for the boat festival March 24th. This Epic cruise has been running for 31 years and is definitely a “bucket list” event. For more information about the cruises Click Here.
- The Equally Famous St John’s Northbound Cruise leaves Tavares after the boat festival on March 27th, ending in Palatka, April 1st. For more information about this cruise Click Here.
- Thursday March 24th – City of Tavares Reception – The City of Tavares will host a reception at the new pavilion on the water at the show site Thursday 6PM. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Friday March 25th – Sunnyland ACBS Picnic – Usually everyone travels by boat to the picnic and enjoys a ride through the famous Dora Canal, however, if anyone will be traveling by car you can receive directions at the show information desk. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Friday March 25th – Sunnyland Captain’s Party – On Friday night, under the show site’s “Big Tent”, old and new friends come together to meet and enjoy a night with our country western band. Everyone is encouraged to dress in western attire. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Saturday March 26th – Sunnyland Educational Symposium – Held Saturday at the Tavares City Hall Auditorium one block from the show site. Free to all. For more information on Symposium Topics click on the “Additional Events” tab.
- Saturday March 26th – Festival Banquet – At 6PM Saturday night, meet up with friends under the “Big Tent” for dinner catered by Carrabas Restaurant. Ticket Required, register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Sunday March 27th – Awards Presentation – As the Sunnyland Boat Festival is not a judged show, awards are given by our corporate sponsors and friends. Awards are announced and presented on Sunday morning at 10AM under the “Big Tent”.
- Sunday Church Services – Church services will follow the awards ceremony in the same location under the “Big Tent” at 11AM. All denominations welcome!