- You must pre-register for this event – 2019 Please Use On Line Registration !
- You can receive a paper registration form by calling Bill or Kathleen Root at 352-324-6010.
- You must provide a photo of your boat. If you registered the same boat last year, we can use last year’s photo.
- We encourage payment using Pay-Pal, but accept US Checks. Sorry, we can no longer accept out of country checks!
- On Site Lodging – Lakeview Inn – 352-508-5344 – Reservations are required.
- Short distance from show – Mission Inn Resort & Club – 352-234-3900 – Room Blocks are Filling Up! Call Today! Ask for the Sunnyland Boat Show Room Block
- Limited dry parking is available at the show site at a cost of $100 for the entire weekend. No Generators After 9:30PM.
- We have made arrangements for show participants to park at the Fisherman’s Cove RV Resort, located about three miles south of the show site. This is a class “A” park with full facilities. You will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the show site. Taxi service is available, and Uber also covers the area.
- Other lodging – Tavares Chamber Listing at www.tavareschamber.com or Mount Dora lodging at www.mountdora.com
Arriving at the Show!
- The show site address is 123 South Joanna Ave, Tavares Florida 32778. GPS coordinates are 28.48.043N—–81.43.655W
- We encourage you to arrive on Thursday. There will be no access to register after Friday at 5:00pm.
- We advertise and sell tickets for our show based on three days; all day Friday, Saturday and until noon on Sunday. We will not let anyone depart prior to noon on Sunday!
- Boat Festival participants can park for free at the City of Tavares Parking garages, located 2 blocks from the show site. There will be a shuttle service available from the garage to the show on Saturday.
- When you arrive at the show site, you will be met by our registration committee and routed to our Marshalling Area. From there, we will move your boat to your assigned spot with one of our tractors. You will be required to remain in that spot until the show ends on Sunday.
- If you are bringing a BOAT TO SELL, we will move your boat to the Field of Dreams lot with a tractor.
Pre-Show and On-Site Show Events
- The Famous St John’s River Southbound Cruise leaves Palatka March 17th, arriving in Tavares for the boat festival March 21st. This Epic cruise has been running for 30 years and is definitely a “bucket list” event. For more information about the cruises Click Here. For a registration form for the Southbound Cruise Click Here.
- The Equally Famous St John’s Northbound Cruise leaves Tavares the day after the boat festival, March 24th, ending in Palatka,March 29th. For more information about this cruise Click Here. For a registration form for the Northbound Cruise Click Here.
- Thursday March 21st – City of Tavares Reception – The City of Tavares will host a reception at the new pavilion on the water at the show site Thursday 6PM. Register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Friday March 22nd – Sunnyland ACBS Picnic – Usually everyone travels by boat to the picnic and enjoys a ride through the famous Dora Canal, however, with the show being a Land Display, most everyone will travel by car. More information will be provided at the show for this event. Register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Friday March 22nd – Sunnyland Captain’s Party – On Friday night, under the show site’s “Big Tent”, old friends come together to meet and enjoy a FESTIVE BEACH PARTY complete with a live Beach Band. Everyone is encouraged to dress in Beach Attire and enjoy Margaritas, Beer and Great Food! Register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Saturday March 23rd – ACBS Educational Symposium – Held Saturday at the Tavares City Hall Auditorium. Free to all. For more information on Symposium Topics click on the “Additional Events” tab.
- Saturday March 23rd – Ladies Style Show UPDATED LOCATION – A special event for the Ladies is the Style Show and Luncheon to be held at the Tavares Civic Center, 100 East Caroline Street.. Register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Saturday March 23rd – Festival Banquet – Saturday night, meet up with friends under the “Big Tent” for dinner catered by Carrabas Restaurant. Register on the Festival Registration website for this event.
- Sunday March 24th – Awards Presentation – As the Sunnyland Boat Festival is not a judged show, awards are given by our corporate sponsors and friends. Awards are announced and presented on Sunday morning at 9:00AM under the “Big Tent”.
- Sunday Church Services – Church services will follow the awards ceremony in the same location under the “Big Tent”. All denominations welcome!