ACBS SYMPOSIUM Presented by the Sunnyland Chapter and The Florida Vintage Race Boat Club (FVRC)
Donzi Marine Restoration Society (DMRS)
Location: Tavares, Florida (Sunnyland Boat Show)
Date: March 23, 2019 (Saturday)
Times: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location of Symposium: The morning session will be at the Tavares City Hall across the street from the show. The afternoon session will be at the SCAMPY tent on the show site.
Morning Session – 9:30 A.M. -12:00 P.M.: Race Boats Legends – We have a put together a program that you won’t want to miss that will include a few Hall of Fame Legends from the race boat world.
- Tom D’Eath, Multiple Hall of Famer and former pilot of Miss Budweiser. Tom will share his history in the sport that spanned decades. He will also take us through the history of his latest restoration, Miss Washington D.C., which will be at the symposium.
- John Taggart, will share his family boat racing history through a beautiful presentation of “Joe Taggart Nine Decades Racing Career”. John will also have one of his father’s race boats.
- Dave Richardson, will give us a presentation on the Florida Vintage Race Boat Club and share his history in the sport. Dave will have one of his boats at the symposium.
Afternoon Session – 12:30 P.M.-4:30 P.M. A great afternoon program planned at the SCAMPY tent on Fiberglass and Outboards.
- Wayne Conklin, will show the application of fiberglass cloth & epoxy on the bottom of a 9’ pram.
- Ray Heuent, will have a 1957 Johnson on hand and show the lower unit break down and replacement of internal parts.
- Casey Lynn, will present oil & gas ratios for outboard engines, coil testing and the use of aftermarket parts.